Good for Washdown Areas
- Built for highly corrosive environments
- Designed for vertical layout cameras
- Meets IP66 standards (depending on configuration)
- 316 stainless steel construction
- Designed to work in food applications
- Camera to Viewport distance can be changed to handle long or wide angle lenses
- Comes standard with glass or polycarbonate viewport
- Works with pre-made cables.
The L7 enclosure is a 316 stainless steel housing for your Cognex 5000 series or DVT 500 series camera. Designed to work in highly corrosive environments, it also is designed to work in food applications, with care taken to reduce pockets where water might sit.
The enclosure is highly configurable, with options for both drillable and single cable cord grips, air cooling options and an air curtain faceplate option.
The standard cable gland at the bottom of the enclosure uses a split insert to provide a watertight seal around one or more cables. The gland allows passage of the standard I/O and power cable (and the Ethernet cable) without removal of the connectors from the cables.
The enclosure is designed so that once the enclosure cover is removed, the user has full access to the lens, taking the guesswork out of changing focus and f-stop settings.
The standard L7 enclosure handles a lens length of mm, and spacers allow the lens to be adjusted close to the viewport to reduce reflections. The enclosure also is designed to readily accommodate large diameter lenses or ringlights up to 65mm in diameter (lit area).
Standard or extended lid available.
- Enclosure is constructed of 16 gauge 316 stainless steel.
- All external fasteners are 316 stainless steel.
- Fasteners (M4x8 BHSCS) to mount the Cognex 5000 or DVT 500 series camera are included.
Enclosure meets NEMA 4X standards when equipped with single cable cord grips.
Cord grip options include: Single cable cord grips (PG11), drillable PG29 29mm cord grip, 1" NPT conduit, 1/4" NPT connectors for air cooling and pressure regulation. Enclosure also is available with an air curtain faceplate. Call APG for options.
Weight: 3.2 lb.
This is not a complete list, as new models come out regularly.
If you do not see the specific enclosure you need, please contact us.
Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure, complete mod kit
Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure, sealed, poly VP
Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure, sealed, glass VP
Cognex In-Sight 7000 (with C-Mount) series enclosure, sealed, acrylic VP
Extended Lid Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure, complete mod kit
Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure (extended lid), sealed, poly VP
Cognex 5000/DVT 500 series enclosure (extended lid), sealed, glass VP
For options to customize your enclosure, go to the L7 Accessories Page.